Monday, June 28, 2010

Hope

.Sunday drives through the country were one of my favourite things to do as a child. My mother would load us kids into the car and set off, often on aimless wandering drives to no-where in particular while we gawped out of the windows at all the sights.


The Colonel and I went for such a drive yesterday and visited a town next to ours; situated on Lake Pend Oreille. It reminds me of Lake Como and of course I love that. It even has hillsides with quaint houses dotted all along.
.
We had dinner at a floating restaurant which sits on the water at the marina. The food was so-so but the view was amazing. It was not exactly as grand as the Jumbo Floating Restaurant I went to in Hong Kong, actually, it was more like a pontoon out the back of the Jumbo, but around here it was pretty exiciting.
.
Dragon detail from the Jumbo Restaurant.


On the way there we got up close and personal with a Moose and some deer. It's not quite the colourful scenery that Ms Patrice gets to see down Smith Street; if by colourful scenery you mean prostrate druggies, but it certainly was exciting.
.

.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery. I can understand why you love it so much up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I hope you can visit Ms. P. I know you would love it too.

    ReplyDelete