Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th, 2010

.
Yesterday was Independance Day here in the States. We went over to Hope to enjoy the fireworks on the lake and have dinner at the Floating Restaurant.



It was all going so well. Good food, beautiful view and all that good stuff. Quite suddenly the sky darkened and it started to rain. How nice, considering we were sitting at an outdoor table and the indoors part of the restaurant was already quite full.


Many of the other patrons scurried indoors like rats fleeing from the rain and huddled in the overcrowded room like storm refo's. We were already wet and cold so getting a little wetter was not going to matter really.

We got pretty wet before one of the staff came and put a sun-shade umbrella over us. I may have had dripping wet cutlery but at least my tucker didn't drown. I did however manage to look like a drowned rat, the mascara running down my face really completed the look.

A barge on the lake put on a 40-minute fireworks show. The really fun part was the massive bolts of lightning mingling with the display. I sat there hoping I would not die from a lightning strike as we sat at our metal table, on our metal chairs, floating on the lake; at least not until I had finished my dinner and desert please!


As I sat there watching the colours bursting in the sky I realised that this place is now home.
.

Independance Day Cake.

.

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks extremely delish. Glad to know that you feel so at home over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the cake at the grocery store. It looked better than it tasted, what a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete