Monday, June 8, 2009

Gold, Gold, Gold, bright yellow hard and cold.

.
Just like Goldmember, I love Gold. As a child I hated yellow gold jewelery. It was seen as being too Italian, or just plain woggy. The whole identity issue was running rampant back then. Being half Australian and half Italian lead a certain Chichi to identify with one culture at a time, rather than manage to meld the two into a synergistic whole.





Now I have learnt to appreciate yellow gold, in fact I am crazy about Gold Jewelery, the woggier the better.

Cheech and the Colonel invest money in gold too, recently having sold some of it off to aid towards a deposit for a new house. Before selling it I had to take a couple of pictures though because it is just plain gorgeous. Oh Gold, with your buttery 24 carat goodness, I love you.



O Gold! How I prefer thee to paper
Which makes bank credit like a bark of vapour

Lord Byron, Don Juan


Sadly my camera is having difficulties, I hope it can be fixed as it takes the best shots. In the meantime, I found some webshots of some of my recent purchases under the motto, Woggier is better. I bought all of them at heavily discounted prices which sweetened the deal.






















4 comments:

  1. Darling - did you know that I am Greek? Which means I have woggy gold coming out of my ears. I love wearing my gold and blinding restaurant patrons with my 70's bling. Although for a while there, I had it hiding away, deeming it too bright and garish, but no more.

    We had investments in gold bullion (which I stuck in tissue boxes and used as doorstops. Then we sold - now we're poor PMSL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Greek, you can understand where I am coming from completely. How sad that I denied my true mediterrainian hertitage for so long. Too bright and garish is another way of saying, just perfect! It's so nice to get posts from you on my blog Marywin. I always enjoy your insightful and ascerbic comments on Ms P's page. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I have SO much thick gold that I can't stand. I look like an oldschool Maltese grandma when I even try to wear gold hooped earrings. My grandma almost died when she found out I wasn't a fan of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynnie, hold on to it, because one day you will be a fan. Of course by then you will be as old as me...hahaha but it will happen.

    ReplyDelete