Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tim Tams in Tampa.

I learnt today that Tim Tams are available at selected Target Stores in the USA, what a pleasant surprise.


Target ran a promotion for 3 months starting last year where they sold the chocolatey Aussie delights. Thinking it had finished, I did not go near Target since that promotion ended, no need really, well until my discovery today that is.
.
The Tim Tams are packaged as Pepperidge Farm, but I believe they are imported from Arnott's in Australia and just put in the Pepperidge Farm wrappings, perhaps because Americans are familiar with that brand and not Arnotts? Not sure why and don't really care what is written on the front. Inside they are 100% Aussie Tim Tams.
.
Today I was there looking for Peeps to send to Australia and then they caught my eye - Tim Tams were sitting on the shelf calling my name, like chocolate sirens.

.

Perhaps Australia's favourite biscuit (cookie in the US), has sold well enough to become a permanent fixture in the grocery isles at Target. Let's hope so. Whenever I feel homesick I have a Tim Tam and everything is well again.

The store was also full of Halloween decorations. It is such a huge thing here. From pumpkin shaped plastic buckets to carry candy in, to Jack 0' Lantern salt and pepper shakers and ghosts galore.


Spooky Table decorations. What do people do with this for the rest of the year? It must take up a lot of storage space. Looks like a whole lot of extra clutter to me, but I really admire those who can make the effort.


Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins, They are everywhere in the stores right now.


Something to put all that candy in.


Creepy cookie jars.





Costumes for kids, costumes for dogs, costumes for everyone. They even had little hats for cats. I was tempted to buy the Jester hat for Runty and the Rooster for Romeo, but I pictured them clawing my face off in a nasty domestic pet gone wild incident so thought better of it.



Perhaps this canine is doing time for viciously mauling an owner who forced it to wear a costume?


Saucy! It's so wrong but it's adorable.



Seeing the Christmas decorations out was such a shock, how the year has hurtled by.



Like a magpie I do love seeing a bit of sparkle. These glass baubles were enormous. I guess everything is bigger and better in the USA. Perhaps I could fashion these into a lovely pair of earrings? Perhaps not.

What a surprising adventure to visit Target and see so much colour and the myriad of decorations of a seasonal sort. As much as I love all the bright, shiny things, I am way too lazy and hate clutter far too much to produce anything more than a tree at Christmas time.


Thank you Target. Now if you could begin stocking Mint Slice biscuits I would love you forever and might even open one of those Target credit cards just to keep me in a never ending supply of the delectable comestibles. ;)









Mind the gap.

2 comments:

  1. At least you can get Tim Tams. Do you slam them. I used to do it but it became habitual and I gained around 1 stone. Over here they have various Tim Tam flavours now but I prefer the original.

    Toys R Us have those Halloween candy collectors! They have tombstones, witches brooms, and various ghoulish figurines. The warehouse also has a fairy extensive but really cheap and nasty supply. Only in America can you get such an extensive range like you have photographed.

    Lily has a mask from red rooster that she is putting on beary! Cuteness INC or what?

    I love that table decoration! Moi loves a bit of spook! Halloween is my favorite celebration now. I still love Christmas but there is so much expectation and sheer hard labour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Slam, love it. I just don't do it very often. The Tim Tams are my precious, I hoard them so that I don't run out. A packet gets opened only on special occaisions.

    How cute lily is putting a mask on beary. I can just see Runters with that Jester hat, it would have been a larf. He would probably have had to been sedated. I can see it now, 'Runty, come to mummy, mummy's got treats, little blue treats...No I wouldnt even share that precious with anyone for the sake of adorning my cat in a comedy Halloween costume. Or would I?

    ReplyDelete