Monday, October 5, 2009

The Unbearable Lightness of Runty.

.
I adore my cat Runty so much. What a cosseted kitty he is. The Runt man is very spoiled but I can't help it, when he looks at me with those big dinner plate eyes he always gets what he wants, extra food and belly rubs!




I sit on a leather chair in the study to use the computer, but it's more aptly called Runty's throne. If I am on it when he demands the chair I usually acquiese the throne. We call the study "The Principality of Runty Carlo' and let him preside in there from his Royal residence.
.

Our other cat Romeo is very neurotic, the vet wanted to put him on kitty prozac but we didn't like the idea of a drugged up cat. It would be so strange to have a mentally defective cat on medication. They give Special K to cats when they have surgery don't they?

Romeo loves Runty and follows him around all the time. He even cuddles up to Runty when sleeping. Kitty BFF's, how sweet. They roam the yard together, earning the moniker, The Insane Cat Posse.


We love Romeo, even though he is a neurotic Ginger.

3 comments:

  1. AWWW how cute is Runty! How is his health faring?

    Romeo and Runty...all snuggled. You know I read a research document by a veterinary researcher which stated that some cats are homosexual. I wont go there as Runy and Romeo are brothers. Nasty.

    Ariel was on doggy Prozac. She is not on it anymore but she had severe separation anxiety. It helped her a great deal but $150 per month for prozac was a bit too much. She did benefit from it and even though she is off it, she doesn't rip my clothes to shreds when I am not home. She once ripped a Hugo Boss pure silk shirt. She also chewed a prada shoe and a camper shoe.
    No, I wasn't a very happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special K is used by vets and human doctors alike. It is extensively used by doctors performing small surgical procedures. It has the properties (loss of consciousness, blocks memory etc) of a general anesthetic without the need for intubation. It it a great drug and has reduced risks for people with underlying medical problems who are undergoing small procedures.

    It is also used by party bogans who foolishly think they they are cool and chic. Gen-Y.....grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so tough, I eat Special K for breakfast. Well the Kellogs version sounds a bit different to the one you are talking about ;).

    Ariel is a little firecracker, I can see how some doggy sedation would have been beneficial. Perhaps it is not such a bad idea in some cases, for the short term at least. Can't have her tearing up your lovely things.

    Romeo is very needy. He loves The Colonel and is always hanging off him. I think with Runty, who is the boss of the two, Romeo is just wanting a friend and some affection. He is quite pathetic really. Oh well, he is a ginger, but he's my ginger.

    ReplyDelete