Friday, October 9, 2009

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork out of my lunch? (W.C. Fields)

.
"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what's for lunch.”
Orson Welles

Florida maybe hot, but it really is so very pretty. Gaby and I trotted off to a place called Whiskey Joe's for lunch today. The place is situated right on the water with magnificent views. Sitting at my table I was able to watch families playing in the shallow water, and sea birds looking for some tucker. So lovely.


I had some sliders which are baby sized burgers. Do they have sliders in Australia? I think they are a relatively new thing here. Very cute and great for people not so hungry. I had two and called it quits. It's much easier to stop when the portions are small it seems to me.


They were quite dry and not all that appetising really. Whiskey Joe's has a lovely view, but I wouldn't go there again. The menu didn't appeal much at all. Everything seemed to be fried. I'd give it 2 stars, just because of the view.



2 comments:

  1. Stunning views. It's a pity that the sliders where so dry! They look yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They weren't very yummy, but I did add lots of dead horse to make them more palatable.

    ReplyDelete