Friday, December 11, 2009

Tales from the wide open road.

.
We have safely arrived in Montana. The days have been long and it's always such a delight to reach our destination for the night.



Yesterday we drove through Missouri and Kansas. I am sure many lovely people live in Kansas but oh my word, what an excruciating journey that was. It took most of the day to drive through that enormous state.

Kansas is home to the Great Plains. Well plain it is my readers. Nothing but flat land as far as the eye can see. Flat and boring. For some reason I have a strong aversion to flat land. I just hate it. Give me undulating hills, trees, rivers, creeks and streams and failing that, Skyscrapers. Gargantuan concrete and glass strutures jutting into the sky much more appealing to me than endless, outstretched plains.


Hay bails on the plains, the endless plains.

Typical view on the road through Kansas.


Imagine all day of this?


I love this thought provoking billbard, it was the highlight of the drive through Kansas.


The unbearable ennui at times overtook me and I thought about throwing myself out of the moving vehicle just to end it, however I just could not bear to have my stinking dead carcass hit the earth of Kansas, the horror.

What was Dorothy thinking? Stay in the Emerald City you stupid girl.


Colorado.

We made it through to Denver, Colorado where we visited with some friends. It is just beautiful there. After a wonderful evening we hit the road again and drove through Wyoming until finally reaching Montana.


Outskirts of Denver.




Wyoming.

Tomorrow should be the last leg of our epic journey. Time to go to bed and get my beauty sleep, goodness knows I need it. The air is so dry, not like the humid air of Florida, my skin is super dry and all this travel is not helping at all.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment