Friday, April 9, 2010

A Runt for all seasons.

.
"Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb." — Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Just a short post today as this week I have had some awful news about people and felines being ill, and therefore am not my usual locquacious self.

A family member has that dreaded disease with the name I cannot bring myself to mention. The diagnosis is positive so I am hopeful and optimistic, but greatly concerned at the same time.

On the kitty front, my beloved Runty has been ill. The poor little Runt has kidney disease and things took a turn for the worse recently. He really has been unwell and lost some weight very quickly. We were so disappointed to learn that his kidney disease had worsened.


The vet dropped that dreaded word, 'euthanasia'. Not the youth in Asia of course, they are doing quite well, I believe. :)

Runty has been on medication and a special diet since and seems to have improved and even gained some weight.

He really is the sweetest little Runt ever and I really hope he sticks around for years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've had such a lot of awful news.

    Re Runty, I'm glad to hear that he's eating and appears to be gaining weight. If he has an appetite and enjoys his life, there's no place for the 'e' word. Here's hoping that he continues to respond to treatment etc..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Michelle, your kind thoughts are greatly appreciated by me and Runt-man.

    He seems to be doing really well at the moment. We are waiting for his latest blood test results but right now he looks pretty good.

    Animals are such a joy arn't they? I pity those who are not fortunate enough to share their lives with furry friends.

    I hope you and Mr. Pickles are both in the pink of health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the runtastic runtalcious runt is doing fine. Animals tear at your heart and you form bonds with them.

    ReplyDelete