Monday, May 17, 2010

Ladies who lunch

.
On the way to lunch with a friend in town today I saw something moving beside the road. I was pleased to find that it was not the creepy pedo down the road lurking around.
.
It was Verka, the little black bear that we keep seeing along the roadside. She is always around with her little cub. We named her Verka Serduchka, after the stunning Ukrainian tranvestite who came second in the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest. In my wildest dreams I never imagined a life where I would drive along the road and see bears. It really is cool.


The lovely Verka performing at the Eurovison Song Contest.

We had lunch at Trinity restaurant, right on the beach. The view was beautiful; like a little version of Lake Como.

.Lunch was scrummy. I had a french dip beef sandwich with sweet potato chips. Those things were so yummy; I need to make some at home.


Dessert was a molten lava cake, delice!



Afterwards we walked around town where there are some really lovely stores. My favourite stop was at the Coldwater Creek wine bar. They have a shop downstairs with gorgeous clothes and a really trendy bar upstairs. We sat in comfy leather chairs by the window and were able to enjoy the view of the mountains in the distance and the street down below.


Wish you here Ms Patrice!

7 comments:

  1. I prefer the drag queens down Smith or Chapel. They are way sluttier. I love my drag queens slutty.

    Sweet potatoe chips? They sound scrummy as does the huge beef sandwich.

    Don't get me started on Lava cakes. No, I had way too much of them last winter..way too much. Lisa made them for me a couple of weeks ago and it almost sent me into a lava cake frenzy. I have researched these demons. and I know how to create a centre full of fudge. See what these demonic morsels have done to me?! Argh...I feel the urge to bake, must resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spelled potato wrong. Yes I am anal retentive, thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the recipe for those lava cakes!

    Do you have French Dips in Australia? They give you the beef sandwich and a tasty little dip that you dunk the bread in before each bite. I had never seen that until I moved here. It's pretty yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well potatoe is the plural, and there were more than one so technically, you are not wrong.

    Email me that recipe or blog it, either way, I have to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to find it...um I lost it. Anyway the secret to producing a Lava cake oozing with the good stuff is to put the individual ramekins with batter into the freezer for 2 hours prior to baking. Bake them for 10 mins and you will have thick goey bits in the centre.

    I will ask Lisa for the recipe again when she returns from tassie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course one CANNOT have 'bits' if it has a moist fluid centre. I am SO anal retentive that I had to correct my previous post. Someone stop me, I am out of control. Yes control, that's the REAL issue here, or should I write lack thereof?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms P, you are turning into a grammar vigilante!

    ReplyDelete