Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wild Orchids

.
Back pain is such a hassle, especially when there is no Dr. Feelgood around to hand out those useful meds one always hears about, usually in Celebrity overdoses and the like.

I did myself a mischief at work and am now hobbling around like an old lady in all kinds of crazy back pain. I had to take some time off work and get plenty of rest. Easier said than done. With 4 cats and 2 dogs, it seems that I am chained to the vacuum cleaner, despite the intense pain, it must be done as I can't stand to live in a house with pet fur flying around.

I am seeing a physical therapist, it really is quite strange having a young and handsome man manipulating my bottom. The injury has caused my pelvis to become lop-sided so he needs to move things around a bit, still, I feel that at the very least he could buy me a drink first. *wink*

Long walks have been banned so I can only take short ones each day with the dogs. We always seem to end up exploring new parts of the land that we have not seen before. Today while on our rambles, we came across a muddy area where there is a natural spring.

It is quite damp down there, and I guess that is perfect for wild orchids. I almost stepped on a dainty little purple specimen. Fortunately I managed to see it in time.


I'm not sure what kind it is, but I am sure Ms Patrice who is a total orchid affictionado, will know. I would love for it to be something extremely rare and valuable, however considering that it is growing on my land, I am sure it is something rather commonplace and valueless.



.

2 comments:

  1. The Eastern Fairy Slipper. There is an abundance of terrestrial orchids where you live. Go out exploring and see what treasures you can find.
    That little gem is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many of them Ms P, I can't help stepping on some. I feel like a murderer.

    ReplyDelete