Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tranquility

.
It's like a Thomas Hardy novel at my house these days. Not the tragic storylines and long-suffering characters part, just the perfect rural setting bits.



Hummingbirds frequently come to the feeder just outside the lounge room window. I can sit on the couch and enjoy the view, with the mountains behind creating a postcard type of scene.


I have been planning to put a wooden bench in a lovely shady part of the land. I call it my secret garden because it's so private and beautiful. I like to sit out there and just enjoy being in the woods. Today I found a heart shaped block of wood laying on the ground and that inspired me to come up with something more creative. I'm going to use a large tree stump as a little table, and place flat and sturdy stumps around it as chairs. Just like a fairy picnic table. I can't wait for my nieces to visit someday, they will love it.

It really is just so beautiful out there. We saw a bear and her little cub yesterday. The cub was the size of my cat Runty, I wish I could have picked it up, don't think I would have gotten very far though, I am no runner that's for sure and I am certain Mamma Bear would not have let me get very far at all.


After a long walk through the woods today, the dogs and I were completely knackered. I snapped a picture of Tony Harrison luxuriating on the deck afterwards. Look at his meaty paws! So cute, but what a little ragamuffin, hound dogs are such hard work.

2 comments:

  1. I hate you and your fairy dell. lol! I want to live there. Look at that orchid, to die for. I am seething with envy, I am green, it's ugly.
    I love, love, love your woodland retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, get your self over here and stay as long as you like. I wish you could be here, we could have such a great time out in the fairyland, set up a real fairy picnic area for the girls. It would be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete