Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Carol Brodies Shock and Awe

.
Finally, the long awaited third installment of the Carol Brodie collection on Hsn has arrived. Having spent the last 2 months trawling the web site looking for new Brodie pieces, I am very excited indeed after seeing the latest offerings.

Ever since the Capri rings with their onyx bands, I have been completely gaga over the use of onyx in ring settings.

I have been wanting a turquoise ring for some time as it is my birthstone. I almost bought Brodie's other ring with the white quartzite band but I am just not keen enough on white. Then I logged on and saw this beauty. Shock and Awe indeed. I started gasping for breath at the sight of this black onyx version but the price, $89 bucks, are you kidding me? Surely there is some mistake? Such a spectacular and genuine bauble for a costume jewelry price. Oh Ms Brodie you are just too amazing for words.




This praisolte and ameythest necklace is adorable.


Brodie has once again created an array of jaw droppingly beautiful jewels at amazingly good prices.




Lust at first sight.




Right now I am crazy about citrines and smoky quartz. These citrine earrings are a dream come true.



The next Carol Brodie show is still a few days away, but I would not be surprised if many of these fabulous pieces sell out before then.

7 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE turquoise and go weak at the knees at the sight of it. Can you perhaps find some jet jewelery and post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my eyes open for some Jet to send. I used to think Jet was so old fashioned when I was young, now I think it is magnificent, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first ring with turquoise and onyx is making me cream myself. That is so cruel of you countess to put it up there to temp me.....oh the pain. Gosh that is a stunning ring. Love, love, love...I also have a soft spot for citrine.....but that onyx and turquoise?? I need to go have a valium and lie down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed Miss P, it's like that, I gasped when I first saw that ring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the best thing is...they are not fake. Unlike Chanel costume jewelry the girls like PB go ga ga for. Honestly, Chanel costume jewelry is JUNK. Carol Brodie produces REAL sophisticated pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't get that whole CC costume thing. Every stall in Broady seemed to sell fake CC items, so if I see the real thing I always just think it's a fake. It's tacky and gaudy real or not and way overpriced. What is the attraction other than the label? Honestly, it's really silly and seeing people fussing over Hermes bracelets that cost an arm and a leg and are just plain ugly, simply because they are a name brand, what insanity, what insecurity.

    People who can afford ugly channel brummagem baubles should really be able to afford a bit of face powder to prevent shiny faces.

    Oh dear what a rant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rant which holds a lot of substance.
    Girls like PB buy logo junk because they want to people to believe that they are affluent when they are really effluent. Otherwise why would you wear a piece of junk? If you noticed her blog you will see there are posts upon posts of junk she has purchased from high-end boutiques. All junk and fodder for her insecurities. To me all CC, LV is counterfeit. I wouldn't be seen dead with CC logo accessories as it would look like I was desperate for attention. Ha, to LM as well!
    You would think that she had the sense to wear a powder wouldn't you? Especially for photographs! She looks slimy. Maybe she is part reptilian.

    ReplyDelete