Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Hills are Alive....or the Hills have eyes?

.
Yesterday we closed on our new property in Idaho. We had attempted to purchase two other houses before this one. Success at last, country life here I come.




The new abode is not as big and wonderful as the first house that I was madly in love with, however, it's in a much better location. Surrounded by hills and trees and near a gorgeous arty town as opposed to the redneck, Texas chainsaw massacre country of the first one. En route to the first house we put in an offer for, we were warned by locals not to go up there, in case we got shot. That did send some chills down this city slickers spine.

The house is solar powered, on 40 gorgeous acres and surrounded by National Forest. It's crazy to think that a city girl like me will be moving out there. Fear not, I shall be well armed. Having seen one too many horror movies containing homicidal axe-wielding maniacs romping through the middle of nowhere and leaving a trail of carnage, it has gotten into my head that one must own anUzi, a micro Uzi to be exact, now that is one stylish piece of metal!

Any walk through the woods just would not be complete without a gorgeous little weapon, dipped in gold preferably. "Oh hello crazy homicidal axe-wielding maniac, please don't run away at the sight of my fabulous hardware, you'll only die tired". Perhaps I will just mug him and steal his axe, those things always come in handy on a farm.

That's HOT.
Gold plated Uzi, fancy and whimsical, I like it!

First thing that must be done once we move is to build a chook shed. I want some of those Araucana chooks that produce pastel coloured eggs. We are going to have bees for fresh honey too. I plan on making exotic kind of gourmet fare like jam with champagne and other gastronomic extravagances. Let's face it, a girl who wants a gold dipped Micro Uzi usually has fancy tastes too.


Unlike every other house in Idaho, (it would seem), there shall be no stuffed animal heads, real or fake on display. NONE!
.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/ouinatalie/art/3484127-2-deer-heads-are-so-on-trend-right-now


Green acres is the place for me!










5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Message from Miss Patrice who it seems cannot post her comments on my blog. Get your act together GOOGLE!

    Countess, I cannot post a comment on your blog. This is frustrating me severely.

    I wanted to suggest the whimsical gold plated Uzi and not the plain micro uzi. You can wear gold both day and night whereas the micro uzi is definitely a night time only weapon. Go for gold and it will blend in harmoniously with your other gold accessories. Oh La La, the citrine Carol Brodie would look totally fashion forward with that gold uzi. Very 'on trend,' yet sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ferrari, that place looks AMAZING! I'm coming to visit! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynnie, you better come and visit. It will be so much fun. Wanna shoot my Uzi?

    ReplyDelete