Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eating Adventures in a US Burger Joint.


Had lunch today at a cute little Burger place called EL CAP, in St. Petersburg. When it comes to burgers, the American's are the culinary masters.


The burgers were tiny compared to everywhere else around here, but really tasty.

The fried onion rings were the best I have ever had. Are these available in Australia? I can't remember having ever eaten them before moving here. What tasty golden morsel's of deliciousness they are!

Only wish my sister were here to share in all the joys of eating American food.

6 comments:

  1. I would have loved to tuck into those cute little onion critters but you covered them in ketchup! I prefer my deep fried onions with a cute mayo dippin sauce.

    You can't beat American burgers-period. They are the reigning masters of burger perfection. ...and the way they cook their bacon.............perfection. My from mistys is the blue cheese, bacon delight. Gosh I am gagging for a US burger.

    I have not seen onion rings like that for years. They used to have them at fish n' ship chops. OOOHHHH Misty's blossom was crumbed and not battered. Either that or the batter had become crumbly........yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. ommm nommmm nommmm.

    The blooming onion is also crumbed, it's out of this world good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hungry. Me wants a huge blooming onion, crumbed and deep fried to perfection. It doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a packet of stuff here today and is used to make blooming onions. It's like a dry mix. Can you buy that at Misty's? If not do you want me to send you a couple of packets?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember the amazing Mozerella Sticks we had last year on the beach. I tried some the other night at Ale House and TGI Fridays, they just didn't compare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Mozarella sticks, pre-packaged heart attacks. We are moving to a rental place out that way once we close here in Tampa, you should come down and stay for a night. We can go to that beach place again. Mmm Mozarella. TGI is pretty rubbish with food, but I will still eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete