Sunday, August 30, 2009

Emerald love

I almost bought an Emerald ring once. The store was Schlager Antiques in Melbourne and still being a student at Melbourne Uni, I was not exactly flush with cash.

Mackay Emerald

At the time it was a little over $3,000 AUD. A big east west rectangle shape, set in thick gold. It was simply magnificent. Very square and old looking, it had been recovered from a shipwreck. Having a major in History that aspect made the piece all the more enticing.

The friend I was with at the time kept saying that Emeralds are brittle and not worth it...blah blah blah. If only I had told that redheaded nag to shut up. There always seem to be people around who have to throw in the negative point of view don't there? Why oh why didn't I put it on layby?

Emerald prices are just out of control now. Lately I have been drooling over Emeralds and remembering the time the opportunity arose to own one with a history!


The ring was similar to the one pictured above, but it was less square and more rectangle. The one pictured is also a find from a shipwreck and is selling for $75,000 USD...oh my. What an awful mistake I made all those years ago.

Angelina Jolie's 2.5 million USD Emerald earrings are just the most covetable things ever.


Emeralds are far more precious than diamonds and a lot prettier I think.


Chopard




Van Cleef de Arpels

3 comments:

  1. It's a pity that you didn't layby the emerald when you had the chance. Emeralds are rare and extremely expensive. They are also the stone of true love as green is the colour of Venus.
    Don't listen to busy bodies telling you what to do. I hate unsolicited advice and I steer clear of people who are inclined to offer it. Power trippers F**k off.
    Doesn't Angelina look stunning with those green gems dangling from her earlobes? She would look stunning with s**t dangling anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha the captcha script I had when I posted the previous comment was molle. I thought it was funny anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sick of that captcha stuff, sometimes, after an ambien for example, I can't understand what the letters are and my comments keep getting rejected!

    Molle, that is hilarious.

    I really, really regret not buying that Emerald, once in a life time chance that was.

    ReplyDelete