Friday, November 6, 2009

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

.
Caramel Apples. That's right, caramel. Not toffee apples like we have in Australia, although they have those here too. I am talking about fresh, crisp apples, covered in a creamy caramel, then dipped in chocolate pieces or some other fancy treats.




Heath Toffee covered Apple.

I have seen these on Qvc.com and even at the Goofy Candy store at Disney. My interest and appetite were both certainly piqued. With Christmas approaching I was able to justify purchasing some of the pricey Mrs Prindable's apples as gifts. Some chocolate enrobed caramels were ordered additionally for I am an avid fan of those buttery, golden temptations.




Eating fruit has never been so appealing.

There are times when I just love living in the USA, today is one of them. Oh America with your splendid but unhealthy epicurian delights, I love you.


I wonder if these succulent morsels will survive long enough to be given away, or if this Countess will be found in a semi-concious state from some kind of sweetie overdose. Hopefully I will not be found sprawled on the bathroom floor wearing a cheap K-mart nightie after over-indulging (it's so very tempting) in the surfeit of sugary goodies.




Lastest update: Already feeling crapulous from the superabundance of caramel.













3 comments:

  1. That's a sensory overload. I am however not an avid fan of the toffee apple. The toffee yes, the apple no. This could be due to the fact that I do not have a liking for apple skin.

    I can't access my facebook messages. If you have written to me and you are not receiving any answers this is the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no fan of toffee apples either, all that yummy toffee, all that boring apple. I just don't like apples very much. These caramel ones however are much nicer. The caramel is soft and buttery and if cut in thin slices the freshness of the apple balances the sweetness of the outside perfectly.

    I would love to send you one but they won't last more than 10 days outside a fridge. The Colonel thinks there are caramel apple kits that we could buy to send, we will have a look around. If you don't like apples you can use it with other fruit.

    I have written you a few emails on facebook. No wonder you didn't reply. Facebook is such a bugger when it does that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered 16 small sized apples today, covered in all kinds of things like smarties, coconut and dark chocolate, nestle's crisp. The idea is to give them to people as thank you's or little christmas gifts. Can I manage to do that? This stuff is my new crack.

    ReplyDelete