Monday, November 9, 2009

Call emergency, having just seen the new Carol Brodie line, I am about to pass out.

.
It is a well known fact that I am completely obsessed with the Carol Brodie jewelry line. Such a bountiful bevy of beautiful treasures. Ever since stumbling across HSN one day as the Capri rings were being presented I have been completely enamoured of the line and by Ms Brodie herself. What a dynamic and effervescent person she is, even taking the time to leave messages on my silly and inconsequential blog, how much more wonderful can she possibly get?


Having seen a snippet of what is to be presented on her next show, it would seem a whole lot more wonderful. Right now I believe I am having some kind of palpitations. No dear reader, I have not been 'overdoing' the ADHD meds again. It is simply a matter of seeing the most brilliant and breathtaking baubles, then seeing the tiny prices. Definately a valium moment, not talking about 2.5 mg here, this is a powder blue, 5 mg moment.

I have long been an avid admirer of a certain Italian designer called Marco Bicego. How many times have I wandered into Saks fifth ave drooling over his collections, only to know that were I to come home with any of that loot, the Colonel would have gone into a conniptive fit.

As it turns out he learned of my illicit Brodie habit and is not a happy camper. Typical military man. Large sums of money spent adding to the gun collection are perfectly acceptable, but even paltry sums spent on Jewelry are just beyond comprehension.


He did however get me a Rolex for my birthday which is 4 weeks away, so he is very kind really, it's just that he thinks having a ring or two is fine, just not every ring Ms Brodie designs.




Ms Brodie has just made me a very happy Countess indeed by creating some Bicego like rings with the textured gold around the lozenge shaped stone.


Others are doing the opaque stones at the moment. Opaques are stunning but I have not yet seen one that was not hideously ugly and without all the ghastly foofaraw. Trust Ms Brodie to bring us lovely opaque sapphires and rubies in a clean, simple and elegant setting. Classy!

A Brodie ring should be arriving in the post tomorrow, another has been just ordered but I am afraid my work here is not done, I am compelled to go back and order more. Someone call 911, save me from myself. NO, only joking, it would not be wise to get between me and my Brodies, I wouldn't want to have to scratch anyone up or something like that. Just saying, because I am way too pretty to go to gaol. ;)

The Collection is available on Hsn.com. I am sure more delicious pieces will be added during the week. Many Brodie followers will no doubt be lurking on the web, waiting for new pieces to pop up. To any jewelry affictionados, there is something for everyone and so much of it is completely affordable.

Carol Brodie Rocks......Fact.


The Colonel gave me a lovely ruby engagement ring because I wanted something with colour and true rarity. There is a glut of diamonds in the world, yet pigeon blood red rubies are terribly rare. It's set in platinum but I have just been crazy about yellow metals of late, (going back to my Italian heritage) so I am thinking of sometimes wearing Ms Brodies Opaque Ruby in Vermeil instead. How lovely. So chic, so European, so marvellous. It's Brodie love!









8 comments:

  1. Thank you dahling... you make me look so good!! xo, Carol Brodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms Brodie, your magnificent jewels make me look and feel like a million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep her collection is true to form -S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good taste Ms Patrice! Must run in the family.

    Which pieces of her new collection are your favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go the opaque sapphire. It is very unique!

    Lucky you getting a Rolex for your birthday! I can imagine you driving around in an Aston Martin lavishly draped in Carol Brodies with a Rolex hugging your wrist! Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sapphire is lovely, I have to say though that the Ruby is my favourite.

    Speaking of Aston Martin's, did I tell you who just bought a new one?

    You are sweet, but its more like I will be driving around in the Colonels blokey jeep, on a farm in gum boots, no make up, no jewelery and dirt on my face. Oink, oink.

    However, when I do go into town, all the finery will come out and I will drive the vintage Volvo.

    What is a Countess like me going to do on a farm Ms Patrice? Perhaps you will come to visit and find me in the garden pulling up carrots wearing my Brodie Citrine Capri ring. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please photograph yourself doing hard labour on a farm minus your finery. Now that I'd like to see.

    Yes you mentioned the Aston martin and the gold rolex and the Mcmansion!!!!

    I'll have to pop over so you can serve me High Tea in between the weeding and hog feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I am capable of hard labour.

    Imagine living without the finery, seriously if I start wearing a tracksuit everyday then I have lost the will to live. Well maybe it's ok If I pair that trakky's with some Brodie gems. :0

    I really don't like pigs, I don't even eat pork, our farm will be a pig free zone!

    ReplyDelete