Sunday, November 1, 2009

Indian Shores

.
"It's all good, it's all good when you come down to my hood."

Scribe

Have not had the chance to see much of the new area as yet. We briefly went out for some supplies today and a few snaps of the surrounding area were taken.


It's very pleasant around here, however this house is Hellishly hot. The main bathroom is particularly like a sauna, so much so that I feel I should be hitting myself on the back with twigs in the Nordic fashion each time I go in there.


Despite the lovely cool breeze tonight the Air conditioners are blaring in the place. It seems that most of the windows won't open, only one in the entire house has a fly screen. Florida is the bug epicentre of the world. In fact, I am ashamed to say my arms and legs are covered with unsightly mosquito bites, those little buggers just love the taste of Countess blood. It really is a disgusting sight seeing my lily white extremities covered in these horrible blemishes.

No photographic evidence of these bites will be provided as it is just far too disturbing to publish.


To open a window in this state without fly screen is akin to going to the zoo and opening the Tiger's cage door wearing a porterhouse steak around one's neck, in other words, asking for it. The mozzies and other assorted nasties will flood in and have a feast on my obviously delectable blood, leaving me cross, itchy and unsightly.


Boo Hiss to the rental house without it's blatantly necessary fly screens.


We stopped at this cool little place for dinner. It was very 50's Americana, very cute indeed. The Juke box was a nice touch.

3 comments:

  1. How very whimsical! Indian Shores is certainly full of whimsy.

    What did you order at the pictured diner? A blooming onion perhaps? Yum, those things are delightfully evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fish and chips with some hush puppies, not bad either.

    My windows not opening is whimsical, that's what that is. Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. wtf is a hush puppy? I've had jalapeno poppers but the only hush puppy I know is a 70's beige mule.

    ReplyDelete