Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pictures of Paradise

'
Now that the weather is much cooler, I ventured out around Indian shores, my new area for a bit of a sticky beak. This place is just beautiful.
.
I drove down a long stretch of of road that was very much like Beach Road in St.Kilda, with Mansions competing with each other to have the grandest, most splendid house on the street. I didn't stop to take any photos of the grand homes today but will very soon. Photo's of people's home must be taken surreptiously or one could be mistaken for a burglar planning to do something. ;)



Seafood restaurants are dotted along the roadside, all on the water too. Giant Condominums loom large as one drives along the road, lovely water views on the other.





Across the road from my house is a bird santuary. It's also the place where the guy in the black mustang was off'd by the coppers. Fascinating.
.


I went walking into the marshy land today, well not quite, there is a wooden footbridge raised above the muddy ground, surrounded by mangroves and assorted wildlife. It's picturesque.
.

2 comments:

  1. The scenery is beautiful except for the condo's. Those things destroy the picturesque land/sea scape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but they look magnificent in their own, just the sheer size of them rising up leaves me in awe. I would hate to live in them though, it makes me feel like battery hens living in tight cages. I am sure however that they are very luxurious cages.

    I will try to get some pictures of the mansions without looking like a potential robber. They are pretty spectacular.

    Also, the condos are all built waterfront. Nice for the residents, but those driving along the street don't get the ocean views. We can park and walk to it.

    I like the way we do things regarding ocean roads in Australia. No buildings or homes on the coastal side of the road so we can drive around the coast of the whole country and see the views, not the houses.

    ReplyDelete