Friday, January 22, 2010

Everybody loves Raymond, if by Raymond you mean horse tranquilizers.

.
After 5 weeks we finally went for a bit of a walk around our property. Until then we had not ventured forth into the woods. The snow is still thick on the ground out there in parts and it's not that easy to walk in. I almost broke my neck stepping in some deep parts of snow.


We found all kinds of animal prints on our walk. Lots of Moose and deer tracks and some big cat prints.



The Colonel insisted we take guns in case the wild beasties saw us walking around and felt like a little snack. I wore a belt around my waist with a leg holster attached to my thigh. I felt like Lara Croft in that ensemble! Surprisingly it was not cumbersome at all.


We only traversed a fraction of the land before it started getting dark but what we saw was beautiful. I wish my sister in Australia was here, She loves walking through nature.
..
I still can't believe this is all my backyard.
.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have tree ferns there? I love going to the mountains here with all the beautiful tree ferns adorning the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tree ferns. I did see lots of moss covered logs and stumps. It looks like something from an English countryside scene, or a fairy story.

    ReplyDelete