Monday, January 11, 2010

Where the Wild things are.


Yesterday while reading in my bedroom I noticed some dark shapes moving across the yard. Very disturbing until I realised it was a family of Moose out for a walk, their daily constitutional perhaps? :)


There is a big cow, sorry for the name calling, who lives around us. We often see her and she has run across the road in front of our car a few times, naughty. We call her Dame Nellie Melba after the famous Australian Diva of course.
.

The regal Dame Nellie Melba.


She walked up our road with her two calves in tow and continued right through our property. I went out onto the deck from my bedroom and took some snaps. The thought to move in closer for a better picture did cross my mind, but only briefly until I remembered this isn't Hanna Barbera and a mother protecting her calves is deadly.


It was a spectacular sight to see these magnificent beasts roaming about in my garden.
.

4 comments:

  1. We have animals roaming everywhere in Melbourne. Sure they may be armed with knives but they are still animals.

    Your place looks like a lovely retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Miss P you do my lovely beasties a diservice by comparing them to the malodorous thugs that roam over there. These animals are much more civilised, less vicious and probably much better smelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went for a walk through my property today. I can't believe my backyard is a forest. Found some mounds of Moose poop. Looks like Maltesers.

    ReplyDelete