Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Big Birds Revenge

.Blackadder, 1st series.

My hair woes continue. Why oh why is it impossible to find a decent hairdresser in Tampa?

I finally gave up on my guy at Saks 5th Ave. I had not been happy with him for a long time but he used Loreal colour, very rare here, and he managed to keep my hair from being yellow. My natural colour is fairly mousey but it throws out so much gold, having my hair bleached and turning a buttery yellow is my worst hair problem.

He did however manage to bleach the living daylights out of my hair, to the point where it was breaking off and leaving me with a couple of centimetre long fringe, as well as centimetre long sides. The resulting haircut is what I called Blackadders revenge.

.


A haircut Blackadder would be proud of.


To make things worse, I went in and asked him to colour my hair a little darker so as to avoid more damage. His inexplicable solution was to use a non bleach lift on the roots. What the??? This resulted in a very bright coppery brown line around my head. No attempt was made to blend the new colour in with the old, there was a bright copper band surrounded by very white hair. UGLY.


I decided I had suffered enough and found a new hairdresser who also uses Loreal. I have just come home and my hair is yellow. Canary yellow. My new colour is called Big Bird's Revenge, it's neon. I cannot believe my bad luck with hairdressers since moving here. I am not sure if the yellow is the result of trying to bleach that copper band or not. I understand if the copper band is making things difficult, but if the roots are yellow too then I am in trouble. I may even have to go back to the guy at Saks because at least I was able to get a decent colour, most of the time anyway.




Not so Mellow Yellow.


I was really happy with my hair colour in Australia, since I have been here my hair has done nothing but make me miserable. Oh America......why.....why....

3 comments:

  1. Oh my your fringe does resemble Blackadder 1. Is that neon colour the result of lighting or is it a true to life hue of how your hair really is?
    Flick your fringe up a bit like it was in the other photo before I kill you. The Earl of Doncaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No lighting tricks, its a bright neon yellow, what you see in that pic is what I see in the mirror. Acutualy, since that pic was taken it seems to be a brighter yellow.

    ReplyDelete