Sunday, May 31, 2009

Selling up

.
The day has come when Palazzo Chichi has been put on the market. The Colonel retires in December and with the economy the way it is we have decided to put the house up for sale sooner rather than later. Over the next couple of weeks there will be a frenzy of activity as we have the interior and exterior of the house painted, and a whole lot of little things to titivate the place and increase the curb appeal.

The sign went up today and It's a bit scary seeing this house that I have become so attached to being made ready for sale. Who will feed Robert Mugabe after we are gone??? Not to mention Dame Judi Dench or Barry the Oppossum who sometimes sneaks in through the cat door to feast on some kitty snacks and who 'rolls' with my cat Romeo. A cat and an oppossum BFF's, who would have thought.

This afternoon I went out for an epicurian repast with The Colonel, my Aussie mate, and two of the Colonel's friends. We went to a famous Spanish restaurant in Ybor city called Colombias. I am not fond of Spanish food. The fare on offer did nothing to change my opinion. I barely ate any of what I ordered, how very disappointing.
.


The restaurant is very pretty and the outside is decorated with ceramic tiles with a kind of horror vacui artwork. The inside is much calmer and the indoor fountain was lovely.
.

Spanish food, I hate you. Why must you taste so repulsive?
.

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with Spanish food? I love Spanish food especially Tapas. It's just like wog (southern wog) food. I LOVE OLIVES! This is especially true if the olives are marinated in olive oil which has been infused with garlic.

    It must be sad to say good-bye to the only home that you have known in the US. You have built relationships with the wild-life and become familiar with malls etc. It might be hard going from hustle and bustle to complete isolation but I know that's what you and Mike have been planning for. But parting with something familiar is always hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find change so hard.
    It will be tough to leave, I have made friends here, and we have these wonderful neighbours, but I just can't stand the weather in Florida. It snows in Idaho, everyone here keeps telling me how much I will hate that. At least one can put on more layers of warm clothes in the cold. Unlike the heat.

    ReplyDelete