Thursday, May 28, 2009

Surprising Getaway.


Last night the Colonel surprised me with a trip to a resort. May is military appreciation month and the Sirata resort in St Petes Beach gave away free rooms for active military personal.


St Pete's beach is gorgeous, very much like Surfer's Paradise in Queensland. It's only about 40 minutes from our house but what a surprising adventure to go off to a resort for the night. I couldn't refuse. .




Stunning views from our rooms.

We had a lovely time, drove around the area looking at the beautiful homes and down to one of my favourite hotels, The Don Cesar. That place is purported to be haunted, but it is just beautiful.






We sometimes go there and sit in the bar and have drinks while listening to the grand piano being played. The restaurant is excellent but for one thing, those clowns won't serve me desert because I stupidly told them I was alergic to nuts. It turns out that the chef flat out refuses to give me desert just in case. They will only serve me ice-cream and I don't even like that. I can get icecream at any old shop, why go to a fancy restaurant for that?

.

We sat at the Rum Runners bar next to the pool in the evening watching the sunset. I wanted a cappucino, they don't have that, then I ordered a white coffee, ummm what the heck is that? I keep forgetting that certain words and phrases here are not used, just like at dinner when I tried to order a Sarsparilla forgetting that here it's called 'Root Beer'. I think Root beer sounds like something saucy so I hate saying it. I went on to ask for milk for coffee, oh no none of that. I had to use those creamer things, and I have to say, they are complete and utter crap and my coffee tasted like dirty water that someone had washed their sports socks in. Needless to say, it ended up in the bin.


Thanks for the free getaway Sirata!

2 comments:

  1. I see by the photo on th e sun lounge that you went dark. Your dark hair combined with that blue bathing costume looks very flattering on you.
    You are such a lucky duck aren't you? You're lucky Mike's in the military and that America appreciates its service personnel. Imagine that happening over here? hahahahah hahahahaha oh that is too funny Miss Patrice

    ReplyDelete