Saturday, May 30, 2009

Carry on Bleaching.

.
Rejoicing from Palazzo Chichi. It looks like my hair colour woes may be over.


I just returned from my hairdresser with a luscious shade of nordic blonde, it's so much cooler than the golden, buttery glow I had. I like golden and buttery when I am eating an English crumpet, not when I am looking in the mirror.





I called up my coiffeuse the other day in a state of near hysterics after getting home and seeing my limoncello locks. The problem appears to have been, as I first suspected, that awful copper band from Bozo the Clown at Saks. For some reason it just would not lift. My roots had gone a lovely white colour, which I didn't really see in the haze of lemon flavoured panic I was in at first.
The copper band, for some reason was not lifting. I went back and only the middle yellow parts were re-bleached. It took another full 45 minutes to get them to lift. This week that part of my hair has spent 90 minutes being bleached. Awful stuff, still hoping it does not all fall out after this chemical party I have been having on my head.

Finally, my hair is a lovely beige blonde, just like I had it in Australia. The toner left a bit of pink residue on the ends, which were a nasty shade of overprocessed stripper white. I can handle a touch of pink for a couple of days, anything but the yellow peril.

On top of that, the hairdresser has 2 German Shepherds which were in the salon all day. Magnificient beasts, I came home covered in fur and with lovely coloured hair.

Oh Tampa, there is hope for you yet.

2 comments:

  1. That definiately looks a lot better. The neon yellow was toxic and no wonder you had insects at your house! They were attracted to the great yellow becacon which was your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cars slowed down when the saw me in the street, they thought the caution amber light was on.

    ReplyDelete