Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm in a fight for survival against my nemesis, some bugger who works for UPS


Strangely there are those who still frown upon the whole shopping at home concept. The Countess is not one of those people, having embraced the idea some time ago. Where else but through the major shopping networks can one get such amazing bargains and (best part), have the loot delievered to one's front door. The only drawback for me is when the items are shipped via UPS.
.
Sure it's fast, it's reliable, but for some strange reason, the UPS guy always makes sure his drop off coincides with The Colonel's arrival home from work. If the Colonel is 30 mins later than usual, there is the brown UPS truck mysteriously pulling up. Should the Colonel arrive earlier, the familiar truck suddenly appears.
.
Why do you hate me UPS man? What is the cause of this vendetta?

Some of the major shopping channels do special deals from time to time. This weekend, practically all items at shopnbc.com were available on 5 part payments. This is just an incredible concept. The goods are delievered immediately, yet they are paid for, interest free over several months.

I couldn't resist stocking up on some Elizabeth Grant products which are the best thing in on the market for skincare as far as I am concerned.

When one gets to be an old chook of 40 like me, a special neck cream is in order.

925 Fusion is Shopnbc.com's range of sterling silver, clad in gold. I like some of it, but find mostly it looks a bit too woggy or just......well let's not put perfume on a skunk here, it's just plain ugly.

One sassy little pair of earrings was found though and for 8 dollars a month for the next five months, a charge one will hardly even feel, a cute little pair of 'chubby huggies' was purchased. They look like a Fernando Botero painting made of shiny gold.


Who can resist a chubby huggie? Not me that's for sure.

My trusty handbag that has been carried lovingly for the past few years but is starting to whither up and die. The handle is broken, torn and frayed. It's been such a great little bag, bought at Myer, Highpoint for 70 bucks, what a bargain. Having realised it was time to move on, a new one was ordered from Qvc.com. Shopping around involved a few clicks off the mouse, instead of going out into the stinking heat with the bewildered herd thronging about. The UPS guy delievered it straight into the Colonel's hands. Thanks a bunch. :(

My sad old sack.

New bag, yeah!

A safe and sensible option from Dooney and Burke

UPS man, give me a break and get here earlier in the day, avoiding The Colonel this week when the Carol Brodie Drusy ring arrives!

7 comments:

  1. Pissing myself...hehe the UPS guy delivers to the Colonel. Maybe he thinks that the Colonel is the one buying therefore he delivers when he knows the Colonel will be home. OR he could be a woman hater and he is deliberately delivering to Colonel M because he is a c**t. Conspiracy theories abound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The later theory Miss Patrice! The Colonel has made comments to the guy such as, 'Oh what did I buy this time', such a sarcastic one he is. He also has looked at the label, seen my name and said, "Well it's Christmas for someone, but not for me". What a cheeky one. I think they may well be in cahoots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. F**king funny. You have to love the Colonel and his rapier wit. God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brand of bag is it? I couldn't read the tag. Is it a Donna Karan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a Dooney and Burke, I don't even know if they have that in Australia. It's fairly average kind of bag. It's real leather that is important. I don't see it as a status bag or anything like that. I would love a designer bag. So a lovely Valentino in patent leather that I wanted...over 2,000. Imagine the Colonel when that credit card bill arrived.

    I'd still be carrying my old bag around but the strap has broken now and it just looks like I am a baglady.

    It would have looked great in the pale blue but I am not clever with matching colours so I stayed with safe, classic black. I plan to wear it until it breaks up on me like the other one.

    I wanted a Tod's G-bag, even called the outlet to see if I could get one cheap but they didn't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's their website.

    http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=12681

    ReplyDelete