Friday, July 31, 2009

“I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast.”

.
Yesterday I trotted off to the Westin Hotel here in Tampa to have breakfast with friends, Gaby and her lovely daughter Brenda. Gaby is from Mexico but lives here in Tampa, while Brenda is visiting from Martinique. She heads back to Paris where she normally resides next year. How very exotic. Just being around someone who lives in Paris brings back all the happy memories of being there.




The View





Brenda, Matthias, Gaby

Brenda's son was with us, what a cutie he is. All the ladies were swooning over him. Just wait until he grows up and speaks with a French accent!


Brekky, average for what it cost

The Westin was such a let down. Last time we went to the Marriot on Harbour Island and it was magnificent. This hotel was more than a tad...blah. No buffet even. The outrage.

While on the subject of food, which my blog seems to gravitate towards an awful lot, A British food store was visited today. They had lots of goodies, even Vegemite. I'm still hankering for an Aussie style sausage which cannot be found over here. Some pasties were bought at exhorbitant cost and a Shepherd's pie.






Pasties


If only there were Fergusson Plarre stores in Tampa. How happy a Boston bun would make me right now.
.

Title quote, W.C Fields

4 comments:

  1. What is the other dish that is with the omelette?
    A buffet breakfast? How filling would that be.

    The hotel and sce3nery just look lovely. I like the concept of meeting friends for breakfast. The mornings are usually the best part of the day. I'm so glad you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks P. There were hash browns with the omelette. Sorted of shredded, then grilled potato. It's nice, not the most healty breakfast food.

    We went to a buffet at the Marriot last time and it was magnificent.

    The breakfast thing is fun, but getting up early is so hard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the pain! I work right across the road from Ferguson Plarres- the original one in Coburg. I would run across there right now and get you a tiddly oggie and a Boston bun if it would help, but sadly I don't think they'd let me postpak it and send it to you! ;0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Juliet for the thought. If only I could get my chops around a Fergusson Boston right now! Funny the things one misses.

    I did make a Boston Bun from a recipe I found online. It's nice, but of course not as good as the real thing. How do they get that icing so fluffy??

    ReplyDelete