Sunday, August 2, 2009

Carol Brodies hit or miss

.
The Carol Brodie Drusy ring was so highly anticipated by many Brodie fans. Unfortunately, some were very disappointed with the rings received, myself included sadly. That is the way things go when something is organic and rough. Some pieces will be stunning, other's lacklustre.
.
.
Having seen some of the nicer, darker pieces shown during the presentation on Hsn.com, my insipid light ones were less than scintillating and such a let down.


From the reviews on Hsn for the ring, it seems many other's felt the same.
.






Extremely Poor Quality / Gracie, FL 8/1/2009 The amethyst stones were not only color enhanced but the color was actually coming off when I touched it. It is such a shame because the agate part of the ring is beautiful, if I keep this ring at all it will be for beautiful color and striations on the agate portion because the amethyst top part of the ring is horrible.
.


My own review,

Dull / Christina, FL 7/29/2009 I went up a size thanks to the advice offered by the Presenter and I am very glad for that. The ring is disappointing. I ordered two and had hoped that at least one of them would be a nice dark purple colour. Both are a really washed out, insipid light hue and to me just lack something. One ring has dark bits on it that just look like I have dirt on my ring. It was just luck of the draw as to which individual piece one received, I was unlucky, twice.
.

While others were fortunate enough to receive some of the nicer offerings available.
.
AMAZING / Michelle, CA 7/31/2009 I LOVE IT!!! This ring is so worth the price and when I received it and opened the box, I literally said "oooooohhhhh" out loud. It is even more gorgeous when you get it home. The price is unbelievable! I have seen rings like this in Southern California boutiques and they cost triple the price. Buy it, you won''t regret it!
.
Thanks for rubbing it in lady.

Some people ordered several rings, just to pick out the one they wanted. It seems so wrong, kind of greedy and selfish, but only if I had done the same, perhaps my time would be spent writing glowing reviews rather than bitter complaining!

Ordered 4, Kept 2 and the 2 are Out of this World / Carmela 8/4/2009 I bought 4 b/c of the product. Each are different, and some are tighter on than others. If I got just the 2 I am returning, I would have been disappointed. But the 2 I am keeping are beautiful and a bargain. One is deep purple and more round, the other light purple, more sparkly and retangular. The coolness of the agate bands feels so nice, esp on a warm summer day. Better feel than my metal bands. I would recommend that buyers ask customer service to exchange for free and try again. Love!!

.

.
Yes I get it, that it's an individual piece, no two are alike and despite some people who are happy with their rings patronisingly pointing this out, it does not mean that one cannot wish to have received at least one Drusy delight that was good enough to rave about.
.

Better luck next time. At least my Capri rings from Brodie are spectacular.
.
All reviews pilfered from Hsn.com

3 comments:

  1. The luck of the draw! Those pieces definitely are identifiable as Amethyst. They are not deep purple by any means but they still have the look.

    maybe to keep things cheap they used cheap grade stones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wearing my Drusy and had some lovely compliments on it, so I am happy now. I still would have liked it to have been a darker purple and those little black bits do annoy me, but thats what comes of something organic and unpolished.

    ReplyDelete