Friday, March 26, 2010

Good News

.
After a serious communication issue, or as I prefer to call it, a complete debacle, it seems I am to be paid for my editing work after all. The employer realised that a series of stuff ups-- they thought I was not going to complete the project and gave it to somene else when in fact I was hard at work on it-- had occured and decided to compensate me for my efforts. They like my work so much that they have offered me two new jobs. Brilliant!

My editing tools; Ruby Pencils.


All those tears yesterday were for nothing. The wine used to drown my sorrows was completely well worth it though.

Wait, I have even more good news. A lady I work with is moving to Nebraska and is unable to take her dogs with her. When she told me I was so upset for the poor mutts who were about to be shipped off to the pound. One is a pure bred Basset Hound, I know he will be adopted in the wink of an eye. The other is a Bitsa, (bitsa this, bitsa that) and quite an old girl at that. The poor love had been adopted from a shelter over 7 years ago after languishing in the canine prison for over 6 months. When hearing the story I could not help but offer to take them. Might as well keep them together.

I am on the waiting list to adopt a German Shepherd from the pound as I just can't bring myself to purchase one from the puppy mills. I guess now I will have to wait as 4 cats and three dogs would really be over doing it, even for me.

Thank goodness for 40 acres of woodland for the dogs to romp around in. I met the dogs today and they are lovely. They didn't try to kill my cats so that is a very good thing. I wonder if they will all coexist happily or if the cats will wage war on the new mutts.

Mrs. Slocombe has been doing very well and the other cats are not too bothered by her, but so much change at once is going to be very stressful for my little darlings.

.

2 comments:

  1. Well done about the editing job. Hopefully you will have a lot more work to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms P. I am doing what I have done before, ESL academic papers. I enjoy it, but it can be hard work sometimes. I really hope to get into books. If you ever write a novel, think of me. Now that would be a very juicy read!

    ReplyDelete