Sunday, March 14, 2010

In a jam.

.
We are having some guests over today so I made jam-drop biscuits. I have previously posted the recipe for these, but couldn't resist talking about them again. I often turn to those little beauties because they are so quick and simple to make, yet taste delicious.

I also made some homemade blackberry jam to fill them with. I love homemade jam, especially because I know it is not being filled with preservatives or any other nasty things that might be included for the consumption of us poor unsuspecting folk.


It looks so dark and luscious while boiling away, almost jewel like.


Half of the biscuits were made using Quince and Rose petal jam. Quince is such an old fashioned fruit. I wonder if I can grow Quince trees up here, that would be very handy.


The jam laden dough looks like a chubby little coin, so tempting to just pop into one's mouth, uncooked. Oh I know we are warned against eating raw cookie dough, it can be bad for one's health, supposedly. Well I like to live on the wild side of life dear reader, born to be wild, born to eat raw cookie dough, I shan't be stopped...muahaha



The biscuits turned out really well, now I just have to stop the Colonel from giving the whole batch away as he did with my yo-yo's I still have not found custard powder. :)

.

2 comments:

  1. Yum I love baked goods! Homemade jam is way cooler than store purchased, although the quince and rose petal does look enticing. It would have a delish Turkish Delight rosy flavour. Tell the Colonel to stop giving away your booty. Why does he do that? if Michael did that I would floor him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Colonel is so nice that's why he keeps giving them away. He won't do it again after the yo-yo's fiasco!

    ReplyDelete