Saturday, March 27, 2010

My life as a Dog

.
Our two new dogs arrived today. It was so sad to see their owner part with them. She tearfully helped me get them into the Jeep. Getting a couple of chubby mutts into a high two door car is no easy task.




One of the dogs is a Shepherd/Labrador mix called Susie, but that really is a bit of a commonplace name for a dog of distinction. I am thinking of changing it to something similar but a bit more...fancy. Lady Susan Renouf perhaps? She managed to get up into the Jeep with a bit of effort, but the other one, a fat little Basset Hound had to be hoistered up. His legs are so cute and stocky. They behaved extremely well on the drive, Lady Susan however kept putting her paw on the steering wheel.


The Basset Hound is called Toby, but again, that needs changing. I am thinking of Tony Harrison, it sounds a bit like Toby. The Colonel and I are addicted to The Mighty Boosh and one of our favourite characters in the show is Tony Harrison, that pink little Kinder Surprise look-a-like, famous for saying, "This is an outrage!"


I took the dogs for a couple of walks today but they are old things and got tired pretty quickly. Right now Lady Susan is asleep at my feet, snoring in a most undignified manner. While Tony Harrison is demanding I rub his tummy with my foot.



It is such hard work having dogs after becoming used to my low maintenance cats, but it reallly is wonderful having these beautiful beasts around.
.

3 comments:

  1. You've doubled the quadruped population of your household within just over a week or so - and Tony's tail makes up for Mrs Slocombe's lack thereof.
    We're so lucky to be able to make friends with animals, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old owner would be so overwhelmed with sadness. The poor thing. At least you have been able to care for her babies. I am sure that they will be spoilt and be quite at home. They look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute and lovable but high maintenance. I am so over that wet dog smell already.

    ReplyDelete