Monday, August 10, 2009

Agate Jewelery, YUM.

.
'Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles. '
Sonja Henie
.
Vogue, March 2009

Sliced Agate Jewelery is so popular here this Summer. Years ago I bought some pretty slices of white agate in Sienna, Italy, as gifts for friends. If only I had the creativity to buy a few more and combine them into a necklace or bracelet. What a hot look, one I desperately want to get my grubby hands on now.

Alas, most of the covetable pieces are by Gucci and are not in the same orbit as my budget.


From Marie Claire

Last night I stumbled upon the Joan Rivers Jewelery collection for QVC.Some of it is very cute.

She has a fake agate necklace for a tiny price. Gorgeous. Would love to buy two, one for me, one for my sister. Now all I need is for QVC to have one of their weekends where everything is available on 5 easy pays!



Whimsical ring.


Enameled Italian horn purse charm, for good luck. I'm about to pass out over all this whimsy.


Thank you Joan for thinking of us girls who just like to look fancy, with a touch of whimsy of course.

....As for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant

Salvador DalĂ­

Joan Rivers is a classy lady. I follow her on Twitter, http://twitter.com/Joan_Rivers and she has me in stitches often. Even tried to rip off some of her material and use it as my own. Not always a sucess. Particularly her line about not wanting to use herbal medication that causes 'anal bleeding'. As Ms Rivers says, if I wanted that I would go on a date with Mike Tyson, at least I'd get dinner. Hilarious stuff, perhaps my husband was not the best audience for such a joke?

A lady in the medicine aisle at the Supermarket where I tried to emulate Ms Rivers saucy humour, seemed to think it was a bit of a laugh though. She also must have thought me a right silly slapper.

Note to self, humour involving dates with Mike Tyson and anal bleeding, not to be said in front of husbands! Oh Countess, what an ADHD moment that was!






























































3 comments: