Saturday, August 29, 2009

Carol Brodie rocks my socks off!



I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can't possess radiance, you can only admire it.
.
Elizabeth Taylor.

For some reason those emails which inform one of comments to blog posts has ceased to work for me. It's very annoying. Having nothing much to do today I was perusing my blog posts to see if I had missed any comments. A few were found including this absolute gem from Carol Brodie herself,

cbg6930 said...
My Dear Countess ChiChi,You were always my BFF... I am so glad that you love Rarities... at the end of the day, I created this collection for women who love jewelry. I try and have gorgeous pieces in all styles and price ranges... I want every woman who covets a Rarity to be able to own one... or two, or three, or ten or twenty. The September collection is DIVINE! I am so excited to share it with everyone. Thank you for tuning in, sharing your enthusiasm (most of the time) and for taking such a great interest in Rarities Fine Jewelry and me. With warm regards,Carol Brodie

Oh my I am having an attack of the vapours and feel very faint. I just found out that my younger sister has had a photo of herself published in OK magazine with Tom Cruise and Katy Holmes, big whoop, I am very much more fortunate to have received some attention from the lovely Ms Brodie. What a happy camper I am.

I cannot express enough how gorgeous and desireable her collection is. It looks luscious on TV and in pictures, but to see it at home, the pieces are truly out of this world. In fact, I have become a Rarities internet stalker, checking the Hsn.com page everyday looking for a new addition. To wait for the September show is excruciating. I did find this lovely ring added new to the site and I want it, now! Talk about HOT.

Blue chalcedony, what a lovely colour, what a darling ring. If that is an appetiser, imagine what the main course will be when the collection airs in September? That ring would look best on my finger, perhaps one on each hand. :)


My Carol Brodie wish list






Sadly, the turquiose Sun Goddess earrings are long gone and there is no picture, I missed out on those beauties and sincerely regret it.

“Rich and rare were the gems she wore,

And a bright gold ring on her hand she bore."


Thomas Moore




All pictures from hsn.com.




6 comments:

  1. To be honest I haven't taken off the Carol Brodie ring you sent me. I cannot go a day without placing that ring on my finger.
    How lovely of Carol Brodie herself to comment on your blog. The lady is not only a creative genius but a gem of a person.
    Oh how I wish that I could have more of the collection myself.
    Your wishlist is grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you die can I have your Citrine ring? No stuff it can I have the lot? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already told the Colonel that when I croak I bequeath my current Carol Brodie collection, and any future pieces I may get, to you. :)

    It's so lovely to hear that you love the one I sent and wear it, it makes me so happy to be able to give you a Brodie piece.

    Do you like the new chalcedony one? I'm frothing at the mouth looking at it.

    Ms Brodie gracing my blog with a comment is such an honour, I still can't believe it. I think I have a crush...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to walk across the Crystal heart...I am gagging for a citrine bauble. I don't know why? I love chalcedony-period. It is perfect. I mean the colour is perfect and not to mention tranquil. I am still transfixed on the citrine bauble at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep a look out for one over here for you. Big Citrine look?

    ReplyDelete