Monday, August 17, 2009

The International Breakfast Club

.

“He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

C.S. Lewis.


This morning Gaby, Brenda and The Countess trotted off to another lovely venue in Tampa for breakfast, The Renaissance Hotel. Our little breakfast club is a nice opportunity to dress up all fancy and have a posh old time.



We were joined by Gaby's sister in law and her mother, both of British Guyanan heritage, with Sara being raised in Puerto Rico. It just gets more and more exotic. Everyone at the table had an accent. Even baby Mattias's cooings and infant sounds had a decided French lilt to them, I am convinced!





The Renaissance hotel near International Plaza was a fabulous venue, so lush and with a Mediterranian feel that made it even more adorable. Much nicer than the Harbour Island Westin we went to last time.




The Pelagia Trattoria was a lovely place to meet with friends before having to endure the humdrum minutiae of everyday life.

Even the bathrooms were charming and one cannot emphasise enough just how important that is.


Fancy bathroom for fancy ladies.

The Pelagia Trattoria at the Renaissance hotel gets a 5 star rating from me.


I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best'

Oscar Wilde

5 comments:

  1. The surrounds look impressive but Countess that breakfast made my arteries harden. Sure it looks right royal scrummy but whoah, the cholersterol on that one plate would knock down an elephant! Still, it has a certain chow down effect. Now I am hungry thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw...I am so happy that you have been fortunate enough to make friends with such a classy, uplifting group of people. It's wonderful to be surrounded by positive people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss P. It's actually been hard going with meeting great people here. A few weird, clingy ones have come along....mentals! Brenda and Gaby are just lovely people. So lucky to have met them. Nothing replaces my family though.

    I called Uncle Joe last night and had a lovely chat. I started to cry when he talked about Nana. :( I asked how he was and he replied, "I'm still alive' What a scallywag.

    I can't reach Dad, pass on my hellos.

    Thanks for always being here on my blog and reading my posts and leaving a comment. It really helps me to not feel so isolated here.

    Love you heaps sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lovely Lady. Just wanted to say I'm still here, reading your ravings regularly! I'm not commenting as much bc I'm often reading it on my iPhone during lunch at work (as I am now), and it's not as easy to place comments on this thing! I'm laughing (with you? at you??) often and love hearing your musings half way across the globe! Sand in the grundies- priceless!!
    Hugs, J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Juliet, you are so kind. Talk about fancy having an iphone! I would love one of those.

    I really appreciate your reading. :)

    ReplyDelete