Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Aussie Invasion!

.

Look out Florida, more expats are flooding in, Lil' Lynnie has landed in Orlando and has started working at Disney.

Lynnie outside her apartment complex.

Many years ago, The Countess taught an intelligent, and ever so funny, (with a dark humour that is such a favourite with me) pupil called Lynda, 11th grade English. The class drove me to insanity, but I met Lynnie then. She and I stayed friends after she finished school and over the years, she has grown into more and more of a wonderful human being. While I have morphed into a sorry old bag. Sad, but true.

I went to Orlando yesterday and picked Lynnie up from the Disney complex where she now lives. What a fantastic place, so lovely and clean, so Disney. Young people from around the world all milling about, waiting for the free Disney bus to wherever they need to go. Such an amazing adventure to be on. How I would love to have done the same thing at her age, only I would have been kicked out on some technicality. It seems people can be terminated for breaking a plethora of rules. Adhd girl here has a bit of trouble following rules sometimes. Oh well!
.

We went to The Cheesecake factory at Millenia Mall. The Mall was so beautiful and posh, put Highpoint to shame it did. The Cheesecake Factory is a favourite haunt of ours.
.

OOH la la

My fish and chips, (they were really fries) left me feeling a bit off though, hope they didn't drop them on the floor then scoop them up and stick them on my plate or something like that. One hears such horror stories all the time.

.


Hey love, watch out for sunburn!

When Lynnie visited the US last year she stayed with the Colonel and I in Tampa and we had such a fun time. Going about and pointing out the fashion faux pas of others. It is always so uplifting to be able to laugh at oneself, but at others, even more so. :)




Millenia Mall



We then went to the shopping treasure trove that is the Premium Outlet Mall in Orlando, plenty of bargains are to be had. Dior, Marni, all the super sleek labels have outlets. There was a Tod's patent leather bag for around $300.00, retail price on it was over $1,000. It was bright orange leather though, so even had I been able to afford it, no thanks. A Tod's G-bag is the object of my lust at the moment. Sadly, no heavily discounted one's were available, not even for me to paw over and dream about owning.


Tod's G-Bag


For some reason, they build sprawling outdoor Malls here in hot and humid Florida. The weather yesterday was in the 30's, but when the humidity is included the 'feels like' index goes over 40 degrees Celcious. Not sure why but more than 5 minutes walking around in that and the Countess feels the overwhelming impulse to throw up. How unladylike, not to mention it's a serious curtailing of one's shopping trip.


So glad Lynnie is in the USA, hope to spend more time with her before leaving Florida for good at the end of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Lynnie looks like a pig in shit! She is loving the US isn't she? Good that she was able to get the Disney gig. Good on her, she looks soooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw.....what's wrong with orange patent leather? I think it looks wonderful. I have been after an orange bag for ages. There's something about orange and yellow which gets me going. I think that both colours are very uplifting. Maybe not as calming and relaxing as the blue though

    ReplyDelete