Thursday, August 13, 2009

My life is like a stroll on the beach...as near to the edge as I can go ~Thoreau.

.
Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.”
Lord Byron


Being Australian, growing up always surrounded by water and summer time trips to the beach while spending summers at the quaint old town of Queenscliff, one cannot help but always love the sight of sand and the gentle sound of waves lapping the shores. One is always in awe of the impressive majesty of the vast expanse of blue jewel-toned water
.
The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Cousteau

No matter where I am in the world, being at the beach makes me feel at home.
With my wonderful friends Gaby, Brenda and Brenda's two simply scrumptious children, I went to a lovely place called Treasure Island today. Sounds very exotic. The name conjures up images of treasures chests, pirates' booty and the odd drunken pirate in my mind. Sadly there was none of that, but plenty of treasure of other sorts to be found. Sun, sand, surf, good food, good people and great company to be exact!

Brenda with chubby bubby Mattias

Gaby and Mattias. What a good looking family!

Caddy's by the beach is an informal little place, literally on the beach. We sat at outdoor tables, with our feet in the sand, while the children played next to us rolling around and getting completely filthy, that is what it's all about, what fun is there in life if one can't messy? Personally I maintained a lady like decorum at all times, yet still managed to wind up with sand in my grundies. Amazing.

The food was great, the service was wonderful. This little place just exudes the whole informal beachy attitude. People of all shapes and sizes sit on the deck chairs and soak up the sun. Not the Countess of course. A large and might I say, fancy hat added a touch of whimsy to my ensemble and helped to keep those wretched UV rays off my face.



There are so many beach front mansions along the street next to Caddy's, such luxury in an idllyic location. Lucky!

Mansion on Treasure Island

I wore my Carol Brodie that has been the focus of my bitter complaining for a week now. Gaby and Brenda both complimented it and those ladies have good taste. This makes me much more inclined to stop all the whining and appreciate the ring for what it , whimsical. I'm sorry Carol Brodie, do you want to be BFF's now?


Brenda goes back to Martinique next Friday. Come back soon Brenda, with your adorable children!


All the ladies at Caddy's loved Mattias, just wait until he talks in
French. Can cute get cuter?? YES.



Chloe speaks in beautiful French. How adorable.

Caddy's on the beach in Treasure Island, Florida is a winner! It gets five stars from this Countess!

.

3 comments:

  1. You know one thing that attracts me? There is no crowds.

    Melbourne's beaches in the summertime are inundated with crowds; Poseurs, Gen-Y dirtbags, Baby boomer oldies trying to hit on younger people (both sexes). I find these characteristics unsavory. Coupled with Melbourne's alcohol culture it is a nightmare.

    At least Florida has a decadent beach culture and one which is devoid of bogans. Lucky you. That sand looks awfully bright though! I hate the way sand reflects light. Put it this way, I have SPF on during rainy winter days. Pity we have had a warm winter/early spring. Oh no, summer is just around the corner.

    Love the ring! I haven't taken mine off yet. I love it, thank you. it looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, there are not the crowds here but the population is much smaller and there is beach everywhere here.

    I love my SF and hat. The ladies who work at Caddy's are lovely but they look much older than their age. They have that very tanned brown skin, leathery especially on the chest, all dry and wrinkled. I may be lily white and offend people with my neon skin, but it's not all wrinkled and looking like a tanned animal hide at least.

    The sand was super bright, I had to wear my sunnies, but it was super hot and humid to, so it got very sweaty and I had to keep taking them off to wipe off the sweat and give me face a rest. Oh yes very pleasant indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place is awesome! Remember when we met your sexy boyfriend there last year :P

    ReplyDelete